Sunday 19 January 2014

Guilty

Just finished my lunch of fried chicken. I called for delivery today - which is something I barely do because of the crazy after feeling I get each time. I kinda feel really guilty when the delivery guys send food over to my house. It's like, just them on a motorcycle delivering food all the way to my doorstep, and whizzing off for yet another delivery duty. I feel even worse when their attitude is good. Like the one I met today, he should totally be in the proper service line (like working at Universal Studios) instead of riding on a motorbike. This guy was full of smiles and very friendly too - totally made my day. On the contrary, those who are expected to provide good service can't live up to it. For example, the staff at USS. Quite a few of them give me the feeling that they can't wait to get off work. I'm not the only one who has noticed this. When my friends went on several separate occasions, they also mentioned the poor working attitude over there. And I think this really needs to change /rolls eyes. 

Anyway, the issue at hand here is: Do delivery guys deserve better? It's such a tough job for the amount of money they get for each delivery. And the risks are high too! Moreover, when it rains, oh my word I really C A N N O T bring myself to order delivery. The guilt might just take away my appetite and kill me. Many times, people don't appreciate the service these guys provide, and don't understand the amount of danger they are in. Do you have any idea how many of them get into accidents each year, just because they're delivering food to us? And instead of showing some concern and understanding, people are the best at complaining "WHY MY FOOD TAKE SO LONG?"

Really, nothing more to say but I do hope this post opens up perspectives for people to think a bit about the plight of these guys doing delivery service before they open their mouths to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment